The Renovate Europe Campaign
The Renovate Europe Campaign was initiated by EuroACE (The European Alliance of Companies for Energy Efficency in Buildings). It is calling for an ambitious roadmap to be drawn up on how to triple the annual renovation rate of the EU building stock from the current rate of 1% to 3% by 2020 and to ensure that the aggregate result of those renovations leads to an 80% reduction of the energy demand of the building stock by 2050…
16 June 2016Read more
Renovate Europe held a breakfast briefing, hosted by MEP Theresa Griffin, on the theme of energy renovation and consumers on 15th June in the European Parliament in the context of the upcoming review of key buildings-related legislation in the autumn.
At the event, MEP Theresa Griffin (S&D, UK) spoke forcibly about the need to increase energy renovation of buildings and thereby address the principle root cause for energy poverty. “Energy Renovation is an opportunity to create a synergy between energy policy, social policy and industrial policy across the EU, and to reconnect with citizens” she said.
“Energy renovation must be at the heart of the Energy Union,” explained Adrian Joyce, Director of the Renovate Europe Campaign, “Buildings are central to our lives, to our health and to our productivity – citizens deserve quality buildings to live, learn and work in”.
01 June 2016Read more
MEPs from 13 countries and 4 political groups sent a letter to Commissioner Canete calling for a transformation of the building stock into ‘nearly zero energy buildings’ by 2050 in the EU. “We in the European Parliament call on you to ensure that the revised EPBD proposal includes a clear renovation vision for the existing building stock to bring it to NZEB levels by 2050” said the 23 signatory MEPs. “Time is running out to meet our building renovation ambitions and we risk locking in huge amounts of savings and failing to grasp the numerous health, economic, societal and climate benefits.”
- RT @CelineC77: Exploring ways to scale up renovation through #industrialisation #derisking #C4EForum @_EuroACE @OpenExpEnergy #EU https://t…2 days ago
- Providing better #places for people to #live and #learn. #NZEB2050 #RenovateEurope #REC #happyweekend https://t.co/jKnZ5NH2hN2 days ago
- #C4EForum #Renovate #Europe #NZEB2050 https://t.co/F62kSHMjwz2 days ago
- RT @CelineC77: Meanwhile: Renovation improves people's lives! #jessica #lithuania #C4Eforum #EUmatters @RenovateEurope @MAC_europa https://…2 days ago
- #C4EForum https://t.co/1RiK9wrgGf4 days ago