The Renovate Europe Campaign
Renovate Europe is a political communications campaign with the ambition to reduce the energy demand of the EU building stock by 80% by 2050 compared to 2005 levels through legislation and ambitious renovation programmes. This will bring the energy performance of the entire building stock in the EU to an NZEB performance level.
14 October 2016Read more
“Energy renovation is often dismissed as a technical topic, but it actually goes straight to the heart of every EU citizen. These are people’s homes, people’s hospitals, people’s schools we are talking about”, explained Adrian Joyce, Director of the Renovate Europe Campaign, “and these are people’s jobs and people’s SMEs that we are aiming to boost. We need a long-term vision of an NZEB building stock by 2050 in order to deliver on people’s expectations and improve their wellbeing”.
Legislation is the main driver for the renovation market, which needs a clear long-term vision to trigger investment. The revisions of the EPBD and EED offer the opportunity to enshrine a long-term vision in legislation, and to emphasize the need to prioritise the reduction of energy demand over decarbonisation, to ensure citizens reap the benefits. “Citizens will enjoy the benefits of a living in a highly energy efficient home because it will also be a healthy, comfortable home. A decarbonised leaky building will not deliver those benefits,” explained Adrian Joyce.
26 September 2016Read more
Thursday 20th October 2016 (12h30-14h30), Members Salon in the European Parliament
In partnership with the EP Intergroup on Long-term Investment and Re-industrialisation
- Look out for @RenovateEurope posters in #brussels #metro #schuman #arts-loi #trone #NZEB2050 #energyefficiency in… https://t.co/BgGZBZOxZX4 days ago
- RT @CelineC77: @adrian_joyce :Right #Standardisation doesn't take away need for ambitious policy #EED #EPBD #NZEB2050 #invest4future @icpe…4 days ago
- #energy efficiency needs biggest #investment jump says @gerass_thomas #NZEB2050 @EFSI_EU #invest4future… https://t.co/g6YT9i6BSo4 days ago
- RT @crd8584: @gerass_thomas speaking at @RenovateEurope event: EFSI extension = more funds dedicated to #climate #invest4future https://t.c…4 days ago
- RT @_EuroACE: Energy Renovation Buildings is long-term viable investment for EU #invest4future @simonabonafe @RenovateEurope https://t.co/Y…4 days ago